Author Topic: Lipton Tea  (Read 1345 times)

Offline David J.

Re: Lipton Tea
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 08:50:39 AM »
Am I the only one here who loves Mary (and especially the combination host/Mary, which I find absolutely brilliant)?

It's her banter with the host that makes her likeable.

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 02:41:37 PM »
I prefer Earl Grey or any herbal tea at night, if I do caffeine it's coffee for me caffeine tea's just don't do the trick but herbal tea does help relax me.

If all the above fails me I resort to a good old pint of American whiskey.

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »
I think Barry's observed the contradiction of Inner Sanctum in the past.  Although I love it, they promise preternatural horrors and unimaginable terror but most often they turn into a Scooby-Doo type mystery that explains away any supernatural sources.

Yeah, in fact I meant to post something about this but I was too involved in something else. Not long ago Jim played an Inner Sanctum where what seemed to be supernatural actually was supernatural! I was stunned becuase the lack of a twist was the twist! It really was a ghost!
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline David J.

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 08:27:14 PM »

I think Barry's observed the contradiction of Inner Sanctum in the past.  Although I love it, they promise preternatural horrors and unimaginable terror but most often they turn into a Scooby-Doo type mystery that explains away any supernatural sources.

Supernatural or not - the stories are still pretty good. Two of my favorite episodes would have to be Shadow of Death (might have gotten the name wrong) and Strange Passenger (which I believe is the episode Barry is referring to).
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:33:00 PM by David J. »

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2013, 05:49:48 AM »
Am I the only one here who loves Mary (and especially the combination host/Mary, which I find absolutely brilliant)?

I always thought she had something going with the host....but then, I guess I would think that.  Sorry for being twisted.

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2013, 09:54:07 PM »

I always thought she had something going with the host....but then, I guess I would think that.  Sorry for being twisted.

She always called him Mr. Host, I think. Raymond had left the show and Paul McGrath stepped into the role. I never noticed a difference between them.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 01:07:43 AM »

She always called him Mr. Host, I think. Raymond had left the show and Paul McGrath stepped into the role. I never noticed a difference between them.

Me neither. Until I read about it I thought they were the same guy. And I know Raymond hosted some other show and I didn't it was him then either.
I'm sure one of you guys will step in with the answer to that any second now....

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 08:56:34 AM »
I didn't notice the change either and I'm sure the audience didn't as well...very similar to when Waterman took over for Peary.  (there you go...got a reference in!)

Offline allyn211

• "It . . . is . . . later . . . than . . . you . . . think."
  • Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »
There have been times that I have had a craving for Jell-O after listening to Jack Benny, or wanting to take Bromo-Seltzer after listening to the Bromo-Seltzer train (can't remember was show that was on), or wanting to drink Roma Wines after listening to Suspense--and I'm not even a wine drinker!  :)
Tina

"Pleasant . . . dreams?" -- From Inner Sanctum and CBSRMT.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 04:50:26 AM »
I suffer from those moments too. Roma Wines is the one I always meant to look up and I didn't find anythingg about them. Do they even still exist? The one that really drove me nuts was Signal Oil from the Whistler. I kept saying I bet they're out of business. I've never heard of them. Stupid me. Oil company's don't go out of business. That just doesn't happen.
I can't even think of Jell-O though. I can't even watch Billl Cosby. A long night of suffering thanks to the  Jell-O shot, and I am SO sorry for it. I've haven't touched Jell-O since. Even the smell is too much.
But I loved how on Burn and Allen they just through in a cup of Maxwell House all the time. No real commercials. Just, hey - I'm having a cup of Maxwell House. Would you like one too? That's how commercials should be.
Who was sponsered byy cigerettes?

Offline David

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 12:02:20 PM »
I suffer from those moments too. Roma Wines is the one I always meant to look up and I didn't find anythingg about them. Do they even still exist? The one that really drove me nuts was Signal Oil from the Whistler. I kept saying I bet they're out of business. I've never heard of them. Stupid me. Oil company's don't go out of business. That just doesn't happen.
I can't even think of Jell-O though. I can't even watch Billl Cosby. A long night of suffering thanks to the  Jell-O shot, and I am SO sorry for it. I've haven't touched Jell-O since. Even the smell is too much.
But I loved how on Burn and Allen they just through in a cup of Maxwell House all the time. No real commercials. Just, hey - I'm having a cup of Maxwell House. Would you like one too? That's how commercials should be.
Who was sponsered byy cigerettes?

I remember seeing an old re-run of Milton Berle (back then they did their own promoting for the sponsors

Anyway.. He lit up a camel cigarette and said ahhh that smooth blend of Turkish and domestic tobacco yada yada yada basically giving the impression that life had gotten much better the moment he lit up.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 12:23:32 PM »
I suffer from those moments too. Roma Wines is the one I always meant to look up and I didn't find anythingg about them. Do they even still exist?

Apparently not any more.  This is what I found on a quick search:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090303105543AAb1ib3

Closest products I've seen are Roma Style Wine Cabinets for a few thousand dollars.   :o
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 12:33:50 PM »
Roma Wines is the one I always meant to look up and I didn't find anythingg about them. Do they even still exist?

Ha!  This one's been on my mind a lot too since I'll be staying overnight in Fresno tomorrow.  The cast I'm traveling was hoping on doing a wine tour, but I've had no more luck tracking Roma Wines down than you guys have.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 06:35:42 PM »
I suffer from those moments too. Roma Wines is the one I always meant to look up and I didn't find anything about them. Do they even still exist?

Apparently not any more.  This is what I found on a quick search:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090303105543AAb1ib3

Closest products I've seen are Roma Style Wine Cabinets for a few thousand dollars.   :o

I guess I'll have to stick to Camel's smooth Turkish flavor because I can't afford any Roma Style wine. I suppose I'll just stick with those cheesy big ole boxes of wine in stores now.  :-\

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 08:38:33 PM »
I didn't notice the change either and I'm sure the audience didn't as well...very similar to when Waterman took over for Peary. 
Except for the singing - Peary was much better, although I must say eventually I probably liked Waterman better in the role...
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/