Author Topic: Lipton Tea  (Read 1349 times)

Offline David J.

Lipton Tea
« on: February 16, 2013, 01:58:16 PM »
Recently, I was going through my kitchen cabinets and found a couple boxes of Lipton Tea. And after hearing Mary promote Lipton Tea on Inner Sanctum so much, I was curious and decided to try it. And so I did and I got to say, it wasn't all that good as Mary made it out to be.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
Re: Lipton Tea
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 01:30:26 PM »
Well, I guess it depends on how long you had it in your cabinet...      Hint:  if it was all green and covered in moss, that's not because it was a special oriental variety of tea  ;-P
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
By the way, welcome to the forum  :))      Great to see more and more new faces  :)
----------

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2013, 07:12:19 PM »
I never did trust Mary...    >:(

Welcome aboard David J.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 10:41:08 PM »
I never trusted Mary either. She was soooo happy, but if Raymond or the Host (actually) could deal with her than I guess so can I.

I have to agree with you David J. I listen to the show and I start craving Lipton Tea. Eventually I break down and get one. It's too sweet and rather unpleasant. There are many better versions of tea out there, but I feel like I'm supporting Inner Sanctum when I buy it.
Hell, maybe I'll buy one on my way home. Maybe it's time to give it another try.

Welcome David J. By the way. whataya say. have a good day.
enough with my bad bad rhyming.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 07:07:07 AM »
I guess this shows how 50 years after the fact the advertising still works. And I find Mary annoying. Sometimes I wish Raymond would make her into one of the ghouls and corpses he talks about.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 08:18:45 AM »
Am I the only one here who loves Mary (and especially the combination host/Mary, which I find absolutely brilliant)?
----------

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »
Am I the only one here who loves Mary (and especially the combination host/Mary, which I find absolutely brilliant)?

Oh, me too. In the non-Lipton shows I actually miss her. Not so much for her, but for Raymond's interplay with her.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
Exactly  :)   
----------

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 10:58:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum, David!

I love listening to Mary, but we had a lovers spat. She didn't send me my sterling silver medallion...  :-[
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:08 PM »
I always wondered about those medallions. And Brisk flavor. I mean what the hell does that even really mean. Whatever it really means it's so impressive we need to spell it out. Maybe Lipton was better back in the day because it doesn't taste like I imagine what brisk should taste like. (that is an absurd sentence)
I'm ok with Mary but I think Raymond was also awesome on his own. He's the perfect weird creepy friend to have. He's still funny. :)

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2013, 10:18:34 PM »
Remember that episode that features Raymond doing the intro and then going home to his apartment only to get wrapped up in a murder mystery? 

I don't remember what it was called but, for me, it emphasized how weird and contradictory the character Raymond is.  Like, sometimes he's a a twisted, fiendish, ghoul or just a normal radio host, like Don Wilson.

I think Barry's observed the contradiction of Inner Sanctum in the past.  Although I love it, they promise preternatural horrors and unimaginable terror but most often they turn into a Scooby-Doo type mystery that explains away any supernatural sources.

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2013, 11:29:17 PM »
I really think that's part of the show's allure. Promising a half hour of supernatural terror a la Quiet, Please and getting a mix of Lights Out and Molle Mystery Theatre would certainly rub some people the wrong way, but the stories and acting (good bad or indifferent) AND Raymond make for a great listen anyways. It's like going to the public library for a specific book and leaving with a whole stack of books, none of which you wanted in the first place :)
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »
That is what is so much fun about the Inner Sanctum. And Raymond... It's like meeting your friends at the bar and never knowing what is going to happen next. You could wake up in a hotel somewhere with no clothes and a hangover with hazy memories of the night before, or you could be safely home and in bed by MIIIddDDDNNNNNIIIGgggghhhhHtttttt.... Oh, sorry. wrong show. The point is sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad, but always worth the experience.  :)
(You should always take pictures. Like- this is me listening to this radio show. Damn I look good.)

There are some shows I listen to and the I know what the ending is going to be before it happens. Now that's a disappointment.

Offline David J.

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2013, 08:49:11 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys! Very happy to be here!  :)