Author Topic: Who's cold?  (Read 136 times)

Offline allyn211

• "It . . . is . . . later . . . than . . . you . . . think."
  • Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
Who's cold?
« on: January 25, 2013, 09:45:24 AM »
It's 33 degrees here in ATL.  I just finished listening to a Fibber McGee and Company episode where Fibber was out of cold and the water pipes were frozen!
Tina

"Pleasant . . . dreams?" -- From Inner Sanctum and CBSRMT.

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
Re: Who's cold?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:27:06 PM »
I'm touring a production of "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" through the States right now, and feel very lucky to have gotten a sunburn in Galveston yesterday! :-)  It hurts a bit, but I know I'm still very, very lucky - especially considering the weather in Canada right now! 

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 02:33:50 PM »
It's finally NOT freezing here.  Tired of 33 degrees, cold wind and rain.  If I'm getting all that, let's drop it a couple of degrees, turn it into an ice storm and let me stay home.  :)

All day long, I've been getting pics & videos from my friend in Virginia Beach showing the snow they are getting.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
It has been below zero here but a day before that wind storm knocked my electric out for 2 days it was 65 degrees.
They say here in Michigan " if ya don't like the weather" "thats when i stop listening to them so i really dont know what they say about it"

But yeah winter sucks!!

Offline allyn211

• "It . . . is . . . later . . . than . . . you . . . think."
  • Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 04:11:01 PM »
It has been below zero here but a day before that wind storm knocked my electric out for 2 days it was 65 degrees.
They say here in Michigan " if ya don't like the weather" "thats when i stop listening to them so i really dont know what they say about it"

But yeah winter sucks!!

I'll bet the quote is, "If you don't like the weather, wait about 15 minutes and it'll change."  I've heard it said about Miami and Atlanta (and I've lived in both places.)
Tina

"Pleasant . . . dreams?" -- From Inner Sanctum and CBSRMT.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 05:22:30 PM »
We've had a totally unusual winter so far.   A few weeks back, the temperature was that of early spring, and it's very rarely dropped below zero C / 32 F during the night.   Consider that normally it goes down to minus 7 or 8 degrees (celsius, if the on-line converter I found is correct, that's 19.4  /  17.6 F), and a couple of years ago I was without water in my bathroom for two weeks as the pipes had frozen.
This year I've never lit my second stove (at the other end of my house) and I've always slept without my pajamas and only two blankets (normally during these months I have four blankets, two pajama sets one on top of the other and during the coldest weeks I also wear my socks, plus the two hot-water bottles).  Very, very odd, it's evident that the world climate has gone crazy and we're in for some big changes in the future.
Yesterday the temperatures started to go down and it feels more like winter, I hope we won't have a freezing February...
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »

But yeah winter sucks!!

They say that about New England as well. We have had weather below freezing for the whole week. And wind chills that make me want to set myself on fire for warmth. But in a day or two we will be in the '50s (Fahrenheit wise that is.) 

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 08:50:56 AM »
Here in Wisconsin last week we highs around 2F, last night we had icy rain and wet snow, and tomorrow the weathermen are predicting 56F weather. I love Wisconsin...
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!