Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 5204 times)

Offline Matt Cowan

• Vintage Horror
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2013, 07:58:32 PM »
Welcome Katheryne! Glad to have you here. I can't join in on The Shadow discussion because I've never heard an episode. I know that must seem insane on an OTR message board but it's true. I did see the movie from several years back and really didn't care for it. I'm sure the radio shows must have been far superior.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »
NEVER heard a Shadow episode? I can't imagine never hearing one... It sounds strange to even think about it.

Offline David

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum to all I have not met yet, been a little busy with things.

Ya know? I never listened to any of the shadow episodes either maybe tonight when I lay down I'll put one on. I'm one of those ppl that takes a while to try new things (even if they are not new) speaking of which I never saw gone with the wind I always thought it was some old love movie.. but I recently found out its about the civil war?

I'm a little slow when it comes to being trendy, hell I didn't watch dark shadows until about 30 years after they stopped making them. " one of the best mini series in my opinion"

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 07:38:59 PM »
I too am stubborn when it comes to the new. I tried to watch Gone With the Wind because my grandmother told me it was sooo great. I made it a whole five minutes in to where they said something about how it was the good ole days and the picture is of slaves working in the cotton fields. Yeah -Right. Good ole days, if you were some white rich plantation owner. For some reason that opening just rubbed me the wrong way.
I have accepted other things though - like I did sit through The Wall, and I even have a certain respect for Pink Floyd's music (though I think as people they kinda suck) and The Star Trek reboot (JJ Abrams is a total hack). I also sat through the remake of Sabrina BUT that was a horrible idea. Stop remaking perfecting good films into trash.
While I'm at it - Why not remake Gone With the Wind and leave Casablanca alone?
I think the Shadow was easy for me because it was the first thing I ever heard. I remember investigating otr myself when I got older. It was so much fun. My dad and my grandmother had a big box of old cassette tapes with the little orange and brown logos - it had the name of the show and the title of the episode. I'd throw it on and would be silence for the longest time and then this lady would say some damn number and scare the crap out of me. I remember this one lady -she yelled 312. It was ridiculous.
Then it gave the same speech ii remember so clearly - the old time radio show originally aired live long before the invent of high fidelity. Occasionally you may hear a surfice noise or a volume drop....." blah blah blah.
It's stupid to be telling you that but it was so exciting when I would find a new cassette. To go and discover a new and exciting show. It is exciting to even think about it now.
I remember my dad had War of the World and the Hitchhiker, some Suspense and the Fall of The House of Usher. I can't even listen to other versions of the Fall of the House of Usher. It has to be that one.
I guess I'm really stubborn too guys.

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:18 PM »
old cassette tapes with the little orange and brown logos - it had the name of the show and the title of the episode. I'd throw it on and would be silence for the longest time and then this lady would say some damn number and scare the crap out of me. I remember this one lady -she yelled 312. It was ridiculous.
Then it gave the same speech ii remember so clearly - the old time radio show originally aired live long before the invent of high fidelity. Occasionally you may hear a surfice noise or a volume drop....." blah blah blah.

HA! I still have some of those!
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
The Orpheum Theater here always shows classic, old movies during the summer.  "Gone With the Wind" and "Casablanca" are always the top draws.  Of course, living here, when GWTW shows, half the people show up in Confederate uniforms and Antebellum dresses, hats included.  It's interesting.  Feel like I'm back at the mixers at Ole Miss. (this is not a good thing :) )
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:57:37 PM by Janece »
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2013, 01:19:51 AM »
Oh, wow Janece. I bet it is sooo hot in there dressed like that. I'd never make it.  :D
Besides I'm a Yankee...

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2013, 07:50:44 AM »
As a matter of fact, "hot" is the first word that came to my mind when I saw the picture, but not because of the weather  ;-P

Anyway, guys, I invite you again to keep this thread uncluttered so it can actually function as an introduction to our marvelous selves for the new members  ;-P

(I wouldn't  mind a larger version of the picture posted in another thread, though, Janece  ;-P )
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2013, 11:45:28 AM »
Oh, wow Janece. I bet it is sooo hot in there dressed like that. I'd never make it.  :D
Besides I'm a Yankee...

Please let me clarify....I only saw these girls; I was never one of them.  Beautiful dresses, but too much like work to get into one.  Besides this was not my crowd.  I love the South and the traditions that my family holds, but these individuals hold on to The Old South like someone was stealing their children away.

And, OMG, the heat!  That's why there are large hoops under so that you have room to tote a fan!!   ::)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2013, 11:49:20 AM »
As a matter of fact, "hot" is the first word that came to my mind when I saw the picture, but not because of the weather  ;-P

(I wouldn't  mind a larger version of the picture posted in another thread, though, Janece  ;-P )

Yes, Mac, we now know where "Hotty Toddy" comes from at Ole Miss  LOL!  I don't know about a larger image, but here's the site I got it from.  There are a few others on there.

http://www.vintagebyjudith.com/oldsouthcostumes.htm

Anyway, guys, I invite you again to keep this thread uncluttered so it can actually function as an introduction to our marvelous selves for the new members  ;-P

Forum Police!  It's the fuzz, the 5-0...we gotta bounce!

Offline David

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
Quote from: Janece

That's pretty good street.

Mac, I have tried in the past to get ppl to stay on topic but to no avail.. as a matter of fact I believe you to be one of the biggest perpetrators.  ;D I think Janece was introducing us to one of her personality's.

BTW Janice you spelled your name wrong according to google spell check.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:26 PM »

as a matter of fact I believe you to be one of the biggest perpetrators.  ;D I think Janece was introducing us to one of her personality's.
OK, OK, I can't deny I do have a tendency to deviate from the main topic    I just thought it would be nice to keep this nice and short so it can be functional as a member introduction thread  ("member introduction" instantly  generates dirty images in my mind - is it just me?).   Anyway, of course it's up to the majority :)   My comment wasn't directed to Janece only, of course, especially because I adore her so much she could repeatedly hit me on the head with a big log and I'd just smile  ;-)   (although after the fifth blow the smile would probably begin to wane a little... )

On the other hand, according to google spell check  google is spelled wrongly, interestingly enough 
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2013, 06:50:15 PM »
Bunch of narcs around here...  8)
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 08:32:25 AM »
Cheeze it! Da fuzz!!!!!
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 11:54:55 AM »
Quote from: Janece

That's pretty good street.

Mac, I have tried in the past to get ppl to stay on topic but to no avail.. as a matter of fact I believe you to be one of the biggest perpetrators.  ;D I think Janece was introducing us to one of her personality's.

Let's not bring my other personalities into this.  They're....sensitive and unstable.   :o

And don't get me started on how many times I've been called JANICE.  It ain't pretty.   ::)