Author Topic: Happy 2013!  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
Re: Happy 2013!
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2013, 01:35:16 PM »
Step two:  stand up and say, "My name is XXX and I'm an OTR addict".

(hey, Meow has already reached step two! If she goes on at this rate, we'll lose her!)

You underestimate my laziness. I don't see myself leaving the club. I have already learned the secret handshake. 

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2013, 06:08:25 PM »
I knew it!!!!
yeah, sure, it's easy to say that now that the cat is out of the bag  ::)

I wonder what kind of audience that would bring?
Goats, probably...

(and that was fun, Barry, I'm almost tempted to change the original cover  ;D )
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 06:10:53 PM »
You underestimate my laziness. I don't see myself leaving the club. I have already learned the secret handshake.
Handshake??  You mean it was a handshake???    Darn, Peter told me it was a secret milkshake!!!   I've drunk that awful thing every time I logged in for years!!!!   >:( >:( >:(
----------

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2013, 08:25:17 AM »
Sneaky Canadians, no?
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2013, 09:09:03 AM »
Indeed. They just can't be trusted.

:P
----------

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2013, 09:23:58 AM »
I'm in Texas.  I don't know what y'all are talkin' aboot - er - abowut.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
I'm in Texas.  I don't know what y'all are talkin' aboot - er - abowut.
Gotcha!  Sheriff, he's your man, arrest him.  Let's see what 20 years in a cell with a gang of Mongolian  rapists will do to your accent.

;-P
----------

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
Where in Italy do you live and how come you are so fluent in English?
I live in the north, in a region called Lombardia (Lombardy), a couple of hours from Milan. My town is called Luino and is on a large lake called Lago Maggiore.  I don't live in the town, though, my house is surrounded by woods and kind of isolated.  I can get to the frontier with Switzerland in ten minutes on foot, which has as only advantage to me personally the fact that we're given a discount card to buy gas in Italy (it's cheaper in Switzerland).

As to my being fluent in English,  it's a thing of the past, unfortunately...  the last time I spoke with a native speaker was in July last year  :-/     I used to be good, now even using the simplest sentences requires a lot of effort and I'm always insecure (I hate being insecure).
Anyway, in early January 1990 I went to see a movie in English (well, American) and I feel in love with the language, so I started studying it entirely by myself - no courses, no teachers, nothing but a small grammar and a monolingual dictionary.  I studied for a year and.. well, that's it.   I wish I could live in the US for a while to really make it my language, but it's never going to happen, alas.

What part of the UK are you from?

Mac, your English is amazing!  I often have to remind myself that you're NOT a Briton or Westerner living in Italy.

He's really not who he claims to be. I have my ways but ..he is really a 13 year old girl doing a term paper on "what makes people click" and we are the Guinea pigs..lol I said guinea..No offence.

I think David's got you pegged, Mac.  The gig's up, and it looks like there's no where left to run....
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
I knew it!!!!
yeah, sure, it's easy to say that now that the cat is out of the bag  ::)

I wonder what kind of audience that would bring?
Goats, probably...

(and that was fun, Barry, I'm almost tempted to change the original cover  ;D )

Well, that's disturbing....but quite funny!!  :)

Offline Cbs

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2013, 03:20:04 PM »
I live in the north, in a region called Lombardia (Lombardy), a couple of hours from Milan. My town is called Luino and is on a large lake called Lago Maggiore.  I don't live in the town, though, my house is surrounded by woods and kind of isolated.  I can get to the frontier with Switzerland in ten minutes on foot, which has as only advantage to me personally the fact that we're given a discount card to buy gas in Italy (it's cheaper in Switzerland).

As to my being fluent in English,  it's a thing of the past, unfortunately...  the last time I spoke with a native speaker was in July last year  :-/     I used to be good, now even using the simplest sentences requires a lot of effort and I'm always insecure (I hate being insecure).
Anyway, in early January 1990 I went to see a movie in English (well, American) and I feel in love with the language, so I started studying it entirely by myself - no courses, no teachers, nothing but a small grammar and a monolingual dictionary.  I studied for a year and.. well, that's it.   I wish I could live in the US for a while to really make it my language, but it's never going to happen, alas.

Hello again I'm from Birmingham a big city in the middle of England - where you live sounds so beautiful - wow and your English is superb. I don't think I could learn a language from a textbook - I am really impressed.

Offline Cbs

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2013, 03:25:06 PM »

Mac, your English is amazing!  I often have to remind myself that you're NOT a Briton or Westerner living in Italy.

He's really not who he claims to be. I have my ways but ..he is really a 13 year old girl doing a term paper on "what makes people click" and we are the Guinea pigs..lol I said guinea..No offence.

Giggles

Offline Cbs

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2013, 03:28:27 PM »
Janece, you're way too kind, but I'll accept the compliment and use it to boost my poor self-confidence a bit - thanks  :)

he is really a 13 year old girl doing a term paper on "what makes people click" and we are the Guinea pigs..
Damn, how'd you find out???  I thought I'd covered my tracks so carefully nobody would ever discover the truth  :(   
Well, I might as well give up my disguise and reveal my real look:

Giggles  -  Stop it - I'm trying to have a serious conversation & get to know you all!

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »
Giggles  -  Stop it - I'm trying to have a serious conversation & get to know you all!

Lol, that's pretty much how we are!
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2013, 05:48:54 PM »

Sad, but true  ;-P     Thank you for the compliments, CBS  :) 
A couple of forums (fora, whatever) ago (this place has moved a few times) we did have a thread where newcomers (and everybody else, for that matter) could introduce themselves.  Of course, at one point it had grown so long that it was impossible for anybody to actually read it, but it served its purpose for a while.
Some of us have websites or blogs you could visit to find out a little more about us, and perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself here?  :)
----------

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »

Sad, but true  ;-P     Thank you for the compliments, CBS  :) 
A couple of forums (fora, whatever) ago (this place has moved a few times) we did have a thread where newcomers (and everybody else, for that matter) could introduce themselves.  Of course, at one point it had grown so long that it was impossible for anybody to actually read it, but it served its purpose for a while.
Some of us have websites or blogs you could visit to find out a little more about us, and perhaps you could tell us a bit more about yourself here?  :)

We probably ought to start another one since we have quite a few new faces around here now :)