Author Topic: Happy 2013!  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
Re: Happy 2013!
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
There are a few stations that play OTR here but two that I listen to come out of Canada.

Which ones do you listen to, Barry?  A young cast member just asked me to recommend a few good OTR Podcasts to get him started.  I really only download Relic Radio...

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 08:30:20 PM »
AM 900 CHML is from Hamilton:

http://www.900chml.com/station/oldradioshows.aspx

I've also heard them on AM 800 CKLW from Windsor but they don't have them on the program schedule any more.

http://www.am800cklw.com/page.php?id=31

As far as podcasts, I say this honestly and regardless of this being Jim's forum- the other OTR podcasts are awful.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:18 PM »
Oh, I know!   >:(  Scamerdella!   

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 09:03:09 PM »

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 10:22:04 PM »
Oh, I know!   >:(  Scamerdella!

You mean the Moneyfree/$cammerdella twins?
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 06:47:21 AM »
I just came across the podcast looking for horror shows. I had heard of old radio shows and finally got around to listening to them, and now I'm addicted.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 03:44:50 PM »
Where in Italy do you live and how come you are so fluent in English?
I live in the north, in a region called Lombardia (Lombardy), a couple of hours from Milan. My town is called Luino and is on a large lake called Lago Maggiore.  I don't live in the town, though, my house is surrounded by woods and kind of isolated.  I can get to the frontier with Switzerland in ten minutes on foot, which has as only advantage to me personally the fact that we're given a discount card to buy gas in Italy (it's cheaper in Switzerland).

As to my being fluent in English,  it's a thing of the past, unfortunately...  the last time I spoke with a native speaker was in July last year  :-/     I used to be good, now even using the simplest sentences requires a lot of effort and I'm always insecure (I hate being insecure).
Anyway, in early January 1990 I went to see a movie in English (well, American) and I feel in love with the language, so I started studying it entirely by myself - no courses, no teachers, nothing but a small grammar and a monolingual dictionary.  I studied for a year and.. well, that's it.   I wish I could live in the US for a while to really make it my language, but it's never going to happen, alas.

What part of the UK are you from?
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 03:48:45 PM »
I had heard of old radio shows and finally got around to listening to them, and now I'm addicted.
I can quit whenever I want.
----------

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
I had heard of old radio shows and finally got around to listening to them, and now I'm addicted.
I can quit whenever I want.
Step One: Denial.
JWPhoto.net

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 10:17:53 AM »
Step two:  stand up and say, "My name is XXX and I'm an OTR addict".

(hey, Meow has already reached step two! If she goes on at this rate, we'll lose her!)
----------

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
I live in the north, in a region called Lombardia (Lombardy), a couple of hours from Milan. My town is called Luino and is on a large lake called Lago Maggiore.  I don't live in the town, though, my house is surrounded by woods and kind of isolated.  I can get to the frontier with Switzerland in ten minutes on foot, which has as only advantage to me personally the fact that we're given a discount card to buy gas in Italy (it's cheaper in Switzerland).

As to my being fluent in English,  it's a thing of the past, unfortunately...  the last time I spoke with a native speaker was in July last year  :-/     I used to be good, now even using the simplest sentences requires a lot of effort and I'm always insecure (I hate being insecure).
Anyway, in early January 1990 I went to see a movie in English (well, American) and I feel in love with the language, so I started studying it entirely by myself - no courses, no teachers, nothing but a small grammar and a monolingual dictionary.  I studied for a year and.. well, that's it.   I wish I could live in the US for a while to really make it my language, but it's never going to happen, alas.

Mac, your English is amazing!  I often have to remind myself that you're NOT a Briton or Westerner living in Italy.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline David

« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2013, 03:06:45 PM »

Mac, your English is amazing!  I often have to remind myself that you're NOT a Briton or Westerner living in Italy.

He's really not who he claims to be. I have my ways but ..he is really a 13 year old girl doing a term paper on "what makes people click" and we are the Guinea pigs..lol I said guinea..No offence.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Janece, you're way too kind, but I'll accept the compliment and use it to boost my poor self-confidence a bit - thanks  :)

he is really a 13 year old girl doing a term paper on "what makes people click" and we are the Guinea pigs..
Damn, how'd you find out???  I thought I'd covered my tracks so carefully nobody would ever discover the truth  :(   
Well, I might as well give up my disguise and reveal my real look:

----------

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »
I knew it!!!!
JWPhoto.net

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:01 AM »
I wonder what kind of audience that would bring?