Author Topic: H473: Narrative About Clarence by Suspense  (Read 906 times)

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
Re: H473: Narrative About Clarence by Suspense
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 07:26:29 PM »
You will mail me cash (USD) none of those wooden nickles.

All we have here in the Canadia is wooden nickles.

Question: Here in the Detroit area we sometimes get a Canadian quarter or dime from a retailer but when we try and pay with it they say "sorry we dont take Canadian coins" Do Canadians have the same problem?

I can't imagine any Canadian would have a problem if someone gave them a Canadian quarter or dime.

;) Sorry, couldn't resist.  ;D

??? ;D

Actually, especially here in the Toronto area, I've noticed the same problem. Most stores won't raise a fuss about accepting them, but I have hit the occasional stickler. (With the quarter.)

I had a similar problem in Europe. Scotland took English money, England would not take Scottish money.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 09:57:15 PM »
I would take all my Canadian coins over the bridge but I'm not sure the toll booth guy will take them either.

Offline Skinner

• Caffeine Fiend
  • I was funnier in the old forum.
    • Flash Pulp
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 08:36:22 AM »
I had a similar problem in Europe. Scotland took English money, England would not take Scottish money.

There's a stingy Scotsman joke in there somewhere, but I haven't had enough coffee today to make it.
I write Flash Pulp
I live at Skinner.fm
I tweet

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »
I particularly like when I try to give a Canadian quarter back to who gave it to me in the first place, and they won't accept it.
But I live about twenty minutes from the Canadian border - some people think Vermont IS Canada. I have lots of Canadian money that I saved up as tips when I used to work at a hotel (the hotel was not spooky or interesting at all. In fact it felt like a meat locker). One day soon I'll go and spend all my hard earned cash recklessly on strange and unusual things.

I like those hypnotic episodes too if they are done well. Clarence kind of sucked. I mean the guy, not the episode.
Darn - I listened to one the other day - I feel terrible I can't remember what it was. Even worse I can't even recall what the show was!
But it was a magician that wants to expand his show - Wait! It was the Whistler! - he hypnotises the girl he plans to marry and she predicts the future. She takes his suggestion so well that  she recalls a murder and the exact way it was done. Then she gets frightened by a man marked for death. Then she tells the police who have found both bodies.

Wow that was a horrible description. I don't even know what I am talking about, but I'm stopping because I'm not telling the end. I don't want to ruin it. Of course I who can follow what I even just said?