Author Topic: Sleep No More - a show from around 1956/1957  (Read 181 times)

Offline angelad

• Gotta Love Me Some OTR!
Sleep No More - a show from around 1956/1957
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:07:38 AM »
Just heard an awesome story from a series entitled "Sleep No More".  The story was called The Escape of Mr. Trim.  Just stumbled upon this story and it was riveting.  Mr. Trim is what is now known as a White Collar Criminal and is in a train off to jail when it derails.  Authorities believe him to be dead....howeeevvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................  Anyone know of this story?  Its pretty good! 
Todays radio sux - gimmie OTR ANY day!

Offline David

Re: Sleep No More - a show from around 1956/1957
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
Just heard an awesome story from a series entitled "Sleep No More".  The story was called The Escape of Mr. Trim.  Just stumbled upon this story and it was riveting.  Mr. Trim is what is now known as a White Collar Criminal and is in a train off to jail when it derails.  Authorities believe him to be dead....howeeevvvverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..................  Anyone know of this story?  Its pretty good!

Never heard of it but it sounds like something I could get into. I'll google.

Offline angelad

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
It was on live365.com - station entitled Crypt Theater.  Very good station to catch some weird stuff on but it fills up quickly.  If I catch it early enough in the day I can get in since I don't have a VIP membership.  Hopefully you can find it somewhere else!

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 12:35:41 PM »
This sounds so much like a story Jim aired with Vincent Price.  I can't think of the episode name or series name, but Price was a criminal being taken to jail when it derails.  However you start figuring out that he was framed & the people "killed" are still alive.  So, he's free to really kill them, right??  :)

If I can find it, I'll let y'all know.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Skinner

• Caffeine Fiend
  • I was funnier in the old forum.
    • Flash Pulp
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 01:49:02 PM »
This sounds so much like a story Jim aired with Vincent Price.  I can't think of the episode name or series name, but Price was a criminal being taken to jail when it derails.  However you start figuring out that he was framed & the people "killed" are still alive.  So, he's free to really kill them, right??  :)

Yeah, I swear I heard this episode just a few months ago, though it may have been lingering on my playlist for a while.
I write Flash Pulp
I live at Skinner.fm
I tweet

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I found 20 episodes I will listen tonight at bed time.

Offline Jim

• Administrator
    • Relic Radio
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 04:32:13 PM »

That's "Present Tense," done on both Suspense and Escape.  It's still up on the website here:
http://relicradio.com/otr/2011/03/st63-present-tense-by-suspense/

I'll play the Sleep No More episode on the next Relic Radio Show.  Thanks for the suggestion, angelad.

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:41:53 PM »

That's "Present Tense," done on both Suspense and Escape.  It's still up on the website here:

I'll play the Sleep No More episode on the next Relic Radio Show.  Thanks for the suggestion, angelad.

Thank you Jim.

Offline Jim

• Administrator
    • Relic Radio
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 04:43:59 PM »
You're welcome.

Offline angelad

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
WOW - awesome everyone!  Thanks for all the input and comment!  SO glad I found Relic Radio - its PERFECT!

Offline Skinner

• Caffeine Fiend
  • I was funnier in the old forum.
    • Flash Pulp
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2012, 11:09:30 AM »
Ah, yes - we listened to this one with the kids during a long road trip. A great little tale.

Thanks, Jim!   :D
I write Flash Pulp
I live at Skinner.fm
I tweet

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2012, 12:41:19 PM »

See??  I knew we kept Jim around for a reason!  ;D

Thanks for the link, Jim!  The title rang a bell immediately.  Think I got that one at home.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »
WOW - awesome everyone!  Thanks for all the input and comment!  SO glad I found Relic Radio - its PERFECT!

You're very welcome!  And, yes, Relic Radio is quite awesome!!  It's all Jim's doings; we're just along for the ride.  We're glad you're here and glad that you like the place.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 09:20:53 PM »
"Present Tense" was  a great episode and it reminded me a bit of the Ambrose Bierce story "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge." If you like that show you should give the story a read, or perhaps check out the short film of it that aired as an episode of the Twilight Zone as well. Anyway, I shall be on the look out for "Sleep No More."