Author Topic: The Six Shooter  (Read 1084 times)

bobamos

The Six Shooter
« on: October 28, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
I can't believe that nobody has brought this one up. James Stewart plays the main character in this one. There are, I believe, 56 shows and every one is great. Very well done. Who doesn't like Jimmy Stewart??? This link has 40 episodes. I have a disk with about 56 shows so more are available. He only did them for the 53 season. Enjoy!!

[link removed by admin]
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:19:43 PM by Jim »

Offline David

Re: The Six Shooter
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 09:13:47 PM »
I can't believe that nobody has brought this one up. James Stewart plays the main character in this one. There are, I believe, 56 shows and every one is great. Very well done. Who doesn't like Jimmy Stewart??? This link has 40 episodes. I have a disk with about 56 shows so more are available. He only did them for the 53 season. Enjoy!!

[link removed by admin]

We have Bob a few forums ago there were about 1000 different posts on it I even had a poll about the best westerns and best western actors Jimmy Stewart had quite a few votes.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:20:07 PM by Jim »

bobamos

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 09:18:46 PM »

http://archive.org/details/OTRR_The_Six_Shooter_Singles

We have Bob a few forums ago there were about 1000 different posts on it I even had a poll about the best westerns and best western actors Jimmy Stewart had quite a few votes.
I remember those polls. That was in the forum before the last one if  I recall.  Just had not seen anything here and this is all we have left of all our work on any of those forums. Jimmy deserved a mention here.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 09:28:18 PM »

[link removed by admin]

I remember those polls. That was in the forum before the last one if  I recall.  Just had not seen anything here and this is all we have left of all our work on any of those forums. Jimmy deserved a mention here.

I'm surprised we dont get more ppl on the forums.. usually the way it was in the past for me was if someones asked about a certain show it would be talked about in great detail. We have all been here for a while so we dont ask as many questions so nothing gets talked about anymore.

That is why I always look for things I never heard before. I enjoy the conversations about the shows. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 12:20:30 PM by Jim »

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 10:02:21 PM »
Jim has played a few of them already:

http://relicradio.com/otr/series/six-shooter/

Archive.org is a fine resource, but I have a personal "search Relic Radio first" policy. :)
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
Bob...just listened to the whole series so your post is timely.  Love the show and wish there were more!

bobamos

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »
Bob...just listened to the whole series so your post is timely.  Love the show and wish there were more!

Me too. I listened to one many years ago. It is like those potato chips thing... can't have just one. I listened to the entire series in a weeks time.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 06:02:06 AM »
Me too. I listened to one many years ago. It is like those potato chips thing... can't have just one. I listened to the entire series in a weeks time.

Agreed.  It was one of those shows that I just wish there were more of!  39 shows ( I think that is the count) is just not enough...  :(

And as I mentioned in another thread, I just love the performances by Howard McNear.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 12:03:32 PM »
What I always find so humorous about The Six Shooter, is that in the show, Britt Ponset has the reputation as this quick, not-to-be-messed-with gunfighter, yet he can't talk himself out of being "volunteered" for the local dance, election, women's social, or what-have-you.  It's hilarious!

I think my favorite episode is the one where the church needs a new organ, and Britt takes up a collection from the local "outlaws" living on the edge of town.  It's called "Crisis at Easter Creek," and I'm not sure if Jim's played it because I didn't find a link right away.  If you're a fan and haven't heard this episode yet, I think you'll enjoy it!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 12:47:46 PM by Janece »
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Jim

• Administrator
    • Relic Radio
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 12:22:47 PM »

Archive.org is a fine resource, but I have a personal "search Relic Radio first" policy. :)

Thank you, Barry.  This is, after all, a forum for Relic Radio, not archive.org.

bobamos

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 07:29:50 PM »

Thank you, Barry.  This is, after all, a forum for Relic Radio, not archive.org.

Sorry if i stepped on any toes. I was under the impression that this was a place for sharing radio info.

Offline Jim

• Administrator
    • Relic Radio
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 06:06:21 PM »
This forum (and all before it) were created for the listeners of the Relic Radio podcasts.  I spend many hours every week editing audio, putting together the podcasts, and maintaining the websites so links to other sources make me cringe a bit when I see them here.   ;)   (And I'd like to think the shows sound a little better than what can be found elsewhere).

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
For my final production with Radio Project X tonight, I'm performing a live version of the "Six Shooter's Christmas Carol".  I'm excited, but have some pretty big boots to fill!  :-)

Offline David

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »
For my final production with Radio Project X tonight, I'm performing a live version of the "Six Shooter's Christmas Carol".  I'm excited, but have some pretty big boots to fill!  :-)

are you going to pod cast it live?...I'll check your site.

PS: You'll always have the blob to fall back on.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:36:28 PM by David »

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »

are you going to pod cast it live?...I'll check your site.

PS: You'll always have the blob to fall back on.

YES! YES!  I want to see/hear that too!!!  :)
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.