Author Topic: Off topic..Space Jump!!  (Read 333 times)

bobamos

Off topic..Space Jump!!
« on: October 14, 2012, 12:29:54 PM »
This is wayyyyy off topic but had to post something about it. Did any of you see that jump from the edge of space??? That guy has some large *****!!!! I was squeamish sitting in my easy chair at home. cannot even think of how he must have been feeling!!!  While the old time world of radio is my passion it is times like this that I am happy that television s what it is!!! What an achievement this man has made!!!

Offline David

Re: Off topic..Space Jump!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »
this is an earlier jump 18 miles.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:51:21 PM by David »

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:23 PM »
This is wayyyyy off topic but had to post something about it. Did any of you see that jump from the edge of space??? That guy has some large *****!!!! I was squeamish sitting in my easy chair at home. cannot even think of how he must have been feeling!!!  While the old time world of radio is my passion it is times like this that I am happy that television s what it is!!! What an achievement this man has made!!!

YES!!  I saw that, and it was amazing!!  What was cool was that they had the guy that set the previous record, sitting there cheering just as loud as everyone else for this guy.

What I couldn't get over was how smoothly he landed.  He didn't have to tuck-and-roll.  He just walked out of his landing and starting cheering.  It was incredible!
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 02:24:58 PM »

YES!!  I saw that, and it was amazing!!  What was cool was that they had the guy that set the previous record, sitting there cheering just as loud as everyone else for this guy.

What I couldn't get over was how smoothly he landed.  He didn't have to tuck-and-roll.  He just walked out of his landing and starting cheering.  It was incredible!

Well, I was wonder how he broke the speed of sound on the way down and landed as smoothly as he did, not to mention how the chute held up with all that force coming to a slow down like it did.

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

Call me nuts, but all I thought of was the deleted scene from Star Trek V, where Kirk did the exact same thing.

Even though it didn't make it into the film, they still made a Kirk figure in that outfit, which I have.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 12:02:51 PM »
HAHA!  I've never seen that!  Although Star Trek V is probably the least-watched for me, if it's the one where the Vulcan guy is looking for God.  But, don't feel bad...I caught myself thinking of the orbital jump done in the new Star Trek movie.  :)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »

Well, I was wonder how he broke the speed of sound on the way down and landed as smoothly as he did, not to mention how the chute held up with all that force coming to a slow down like it did.

Yea, it was pretty amazing.

Offline David

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2012, 09:55:52 PM »
Kind of like the first moon landing ppl say it was fake.but I would say that to Buzz Aldrin.

Here's why.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:11 AM »
I think I am the one person who didn't watch it, but I agree that man has some bravery and maybe a little recklessness, but he certainly has experienced a sight that few people can top.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 12:05:32 PM »
I love Buzz.