Author Topic: Getting To Know You  (Read 2466 times)

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
Re: Getting To Know You
« Reply #120 on: October 09, 2012, 07:28:20 PM »
This is my 130th post someone nail it to a tree and spell my name wrong plz.

You got it Davide!
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2012, 06:38:33 AM »
I finally went off and got myself a copy of Raised on Radio. I like it so far, although I am only having time to read only about 40 pages so far.

Offline David

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2012, 08:36:05 AM »
I finally went off and got myself a copy of Raised on Radio. I like it so far, although I am only having time to read only about 40 pages so far.

Hmm I Google'd that and all i got was a bunch of links about the band Journey.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2012, 10:44:51 AM »
Certainly not one of their better albums!  :-)

Offline David

« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2012, 10:46:09 AM »

Lol. They certainly were no Iron Maiden.  Funny thing yesterday day while I was watching the hurricane relief on USA network the host was talking about the artists that were going to preform and he said Steve and Tyler Perry are up next it was actually Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 10:50:14 AM by David »

Offline Meow?

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:04 AM »

Here is a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Raised-Radio-Gerald-Nachman/dp/0520223039

Offline Meow?

« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2012, 06:30:50 AM »

Lol. They certainly were no Iron Maiden.  Funny thing yesterday day while I was watching the hurricane relief on USA network the host was talking about the artists that were going to preform and he said Steve and Tyler Perry are up next it was actually Steven Tyler and Joe Perry.

I am imagining Madea singing next to Joe Perry...very odd.

Offline David

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 01:28:59 PM »

Here is a link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Raised-Radio-Gerald-Nachman/dp/0520223039

Oh, its a book :( I'll wait for the movie. Thnx though. ;D

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2012, 02:59:39 PM »

Looks interesting....may buy on kindle unless there are a lot of good photos.   How does it look?

Offline Al

• Just because you hear, doesn't mean that you listen.
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
Greetings All,

I am a huge fan on relic radio and OTR in general.  I heard my first OTR show when I was 18 and it Chandu the Magician.  The show was an introduction to OTR.  My wife purchased an iPod for me and and came across Relic Radio and have been hooked ever since that was over five years ago.  I just heard The Horla, and that has to be my favorite Horror show.  I enjoy all the podcast that iTunes have and look forward to hearing more in the future.
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.  Bruce Lee

Offline David

« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »
Greetings All,

I am a huge fan on relic radio and OTR in general.  I heard my first OTR show when I was 18 and it Chandu the Magician.  The show was an introduction to OTR.  My wife purchased an iPod for me and and came across Relic Radio and have been hooked ever since that was over five years ago.  I just heard The Horla, and that has to be my favorite Horror show.  I enjoy all the podcast that iTunes have and look forward to hearing more in the future.

Welcome to the forum.

I just recently discovered the Horla my self and what got me started on the series was the fact that Peter Lorre is the host, he has been in most of my favorite horror movies usually as the villains side kick and coined the infamous phrase "Yes master"

Offline Al

« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »
I am beginnng to appreciate Peter Lorre and Vincent Price.  Their  voices help to add color to the theatre of my mind.  There was an episode of The Horror with Vincent Price that had something to do with a mother cat going after someone that killed her kitten.  I think it was called The Cat, not sure.  That episode freaked me out  a little.  I am open to any suggestion to those kind of chiller horror shows.

Thanks!
Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.  Bruce Lee

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2012, 06:28:59 PM »
Hi tkdragon1972, and welcome to the forum!
If you like Vincent Price you can find almost a dozen episodes of him in The Price of Fear right here:
http://relicradio.com/otr/?s=price+of+fear

You should also love Three Skeleton Key by Escape but I can only find the version without Vincent Price.
http://relicradio.com/otr/?s=skeleton+key

Maybe Jim can provide a link to the Price version?
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Al

« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2012, 07:05:14 AM »
Thanks I will check them out.

Offline David

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2012, 11:03:30 AM »
Quote from: al

It is like a finger pointing the way to the moon. Dont concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.