Author Topic: Theater Five  (Read 1266 times)

bobamos

Re: Theater Five
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:42 PM »
Sort of a short version of CBSRMT.

Offline David

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »

What I like most about CBSRMT is E.G Marshal he kinda sets the mood.

Another show I recently started getting into is Nightmare hosted by Peter Lorre, he led a fascinating life starting his career in Berlin as a Jewish actor when the Nazis gained power he fled to paris and then London and learned to speak English. 

A famous story is told in Hollywood that in 1956, both Lorre and Vincent Price attended Bela Lugosi's funeral. According to Price, Lorre asked him "Do you think we should drive a stake through his heart just in case?

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 08:11:12 PM »

Another show I recently started getting into is Nightmare hosted by Peter Lorre, he led a fascinating life starting his career in Berlin as a Jewish actor when the Nazis gained power he fled to paris and then London and learned to speak English. 

A famous story is told in Hollywood that in 1956, both Lorre and Vincent Price attended Bela Lugosi's funeral. According to Price, Lorre asked him "Do you think we should drive a stake through his heart just in case?

I think I read that somewhere.

Offline David

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 08:36:46 PM »

I got that info from Wikipedia, my brother-inlaw told me Bela Lugosi was buried in his Dracula wardrobe. I find that hard to believe. Go Go Google!! 

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 09:59:48 PM »

I got that info from Wikipedia, my brother-inlaw told me Bela Lugosi was buried in his Dracula wardrobe. I find that hard to believe. Go Go Google!!

That's true. He was buried in his cape. It may not have been the very one he wore in Dracula, but it was one of the capes he wore in the movies.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 12:00:04 PM »

That's true. He was buried in his cape. It may not have been the very one he wore in Dracula, but it was one of the capes he wore in the movies.

Hey, if ya gotta go, go in style!  :)
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.