Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 6838 times)

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #195 on: April 06, 2013, 11:42:23 AM »
David cuz he's not from another planet "
Obviously, she doesn't know you very well.

;-P
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #196 on: April 07, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
This is what happens when I don't go on for a day or so.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #197 on: April 07, 2013, 01:59:39 PM »
It's a well deserved punishment for not giving us your full attention every single second of every single day.

:P
----------

Offline David

« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2013, 04:36:02 PM »
As much as I hate missing an occasion like this, calling from Italy would be too expensive  :-\

:P

You know what would be cool if she liked both of us and figured out your like an alien and just was all like "wow i want to do David cuz he's not from another planet and junk!"

Wow! I'm an idiot..  I just re-read that and didn't realise how bad that sounded. I'm sorry Meow..  and Mac sorry your an alien.  ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:46:38 PM by David »

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #199 on: April 08, 2013, 10:48:23 PM »
I'm also an anime fan as well as an OTR fan. Here's one of my favorites from "Bleach".

Sorry the volume is so low.

and this one from Garnet Crow (from the series "Detective Conan")

...and before you ask - I really do listen to these songs. I have a special seperate MP3 player loaded with just J-Pop and anime music - and I play it quite frequently.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 11:27:50 PM by T. Baker »
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline David

« Reply #200 on: April 09, 2013, 11:18:33 AM »

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #201 on: April 09, 2013, 11:58:40 AM »
I'm also an anime fan as well as an OTR fan.
Cool!  I must admit I do not like modern anime at all, but I am a huge fan of anime from the 70's and 80's, especially the giant robot series (Grendizer, Gaiking, Mazinger, the first Gundam series (all the Gundam series that followed are pure, unwatchable cr*p), etc) (oh, check this out, if you want  http://www.macvibes.com/MOONBLADE/MOONBLADEE.html ).

Something good came also after those, though, such as the absolutely brilliant and deep and shocking Neon Genesis Evangelion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoIEDYCF-A

There are some songs from more recent anime that I like, though, such as this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k64jk1p2cLw

(somebody at the door, I'll continue later)

----------

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #202 on: April 09, 2013, 01:33:05 PM »
It was a friend of mine.   Anyway, I was going to add that there are a few K-pop  songs I like (that's Korean pop), such as this (which is going to raise the testosterone level in here to the roof):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rsXPjsA2fc

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4okKSigjyc4    (interesting use of word sounds and very good choreography, as in most K-pop tracks - you can appreciate it more here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAWqnA8PdcY  ) (oh, and yes: all of them are members of the band - Koreans have this thing for very large boy bands...)

or this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg918Ogclgs

choreography here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqYfsDd5d78

In general, I find K-pop much more interesting than J-pop, which is generally kind of steril.  K-pop tends to have more attitude (personal opinion, of course).

Oh, the song you posted from Bleach is absolutely beautiful  :)
----------

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #203 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
I'm also an anime fan as well as an OTR fan.

Something good came also after those, though, such as the absolutely brilliant and deep and shocking Neon Genesis Evangelion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXoIEDYCF-A

I've seen the entire series of that - both endings. The last two episodes really mess with the question of identity.

I'm currently watching (with regularity) "Detective Conan". It's been on the air since 1996 and is still airing today.  In the US it was released under the title of "Case Closed". The funimation version is a travesty of the show, in my opinion.
old English proverb

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #204 on: April 09, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »
I've seen the entire series of that - both endings. The last two episodes really mess with the question of identity.
The monolog by Shinji (when he is inside the angel and talks to another himself in the subway train) is just traumatic.  Evangelion is not just a masterpiece of Japanese animation, it's a masterpiece, period.

I'm currently watching (with regularity) "Detective Conan". It's been on the air since 1996 and is still airing today.  In the US it was released under the title of "Case Closed". The funimation version is a travesty of the show, in my opinion.
I read the first four or five issues of the manga, it was fun  :)     American adaptations are pretty dreadful (no offense meant), or at least they were up to a few years ago (have they improved now?), but I hoped the online versions by fans were better...  are they so bad?
----------

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #205 on: April 09, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »
The monolog by Shinji (when he is inside the angel and talks to another himself in the subway train) is just traumatic.  Evangelion is not just a masterpiece of Japanese animation, it's a masterpiece, period.
Don't forget the part when Shinji's new friend became an angel near the end of the series. That's a kind of betrayal that leaves an emotional scar on you.

I read the first four or five issues of the manga, it was fun  :)     American adaptations are pretty dreadful (no offense meant), or at least they were up to a few years ago (have they improved now?), but I hoped the online versions by fans were better...  are they so bad?
I found that the fansubs (depending on who makes them) can be quite good to abysmal. However with any long-running series there are many fansubbers out there so the quality varies for each.
old English proverb

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #206 on: April 09, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »
In general, I find K-pop much more interesting than J-pop, which is generally kind of steril.  K-pop tends to have more attitude (personal opinion, of course).

Speaking of K-Pop it hasn't been but a couple of months since this was very popular:

In the US it won an "American Music Award" for New Media Honoree...
...it was nominated for an award in the "People's Choice Awards" where it was up for Favorite Music Video...
...it was nominated for a "Kids' Choice Awards" for the category Favorite Song...
... and is currently nominated for a "World Music Award" for World's Best Song and World's Best Video.

old English proverb

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #207 on: April 09, 2013, 07:57:32 PM »
Don't forget the part when Shinji's new friend became an angel near the end of the series. That's a kind of betrayal that leaves an emotional scar on you.
True - that part is just heartbreaking...   Their friendship, bordering on more, involves so many aspects of human relationships that it'd take a lifetime to examine them all, and it really shows how complex human ties can be.
And for the records, that still frame with the hymn to joy and the dramatic and painful climax is one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen...

I found that the fansubs (depending on who makes them) can be quite good to abysmal. However with any long-running series there are many fansubbers out there so the quality varies for each.
Too bad  :(     I'm not sure what the quality of fansubs is here in Italy, I will ask my cousin (he follows a couple of series)...
----------

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #208 on: April 09, 2013, 08:09:37 PM »
Speaking of K-Pop it hasn't been but a couple of months since this was very popular:
In the US it won an "American Music Award" for New Media Honoree...
...it was nominated for an award in the "People's Choice Awards" where it was up for Favorite Music Video...
...it was nominated for a "Kids' Choice Awards" for the category Favorite Song...
... and is currently nominated for a "World Music Award" for World's Best Song and World's Best Video.
It was big over here as well (throughout Europe, I think), I guess it's one of those freak hits that happen now and then, like this one from Romania from a few years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkj80FMmFjM

----------

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #209 on: April 11, 2013, 08:38:19 PM »
Here''s another J-pop song that I really like.

Ai wa Kurayami no Naka de by Zard. This was used in the series Detective Conan as the opening for episodes 491 - 504. This was also a posthumous release after the lead singer had died from an accidental fall.

Izumi Sakai had been battling cancer and was recovering from her treatments and was looking forward to going home, however she did like to take walks around the grounds and during one of her walks she and fell and slipped approx. 3 meters. The fall was ruled to be an accident, due to the rainy conditions which caused her slip.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 10:46:27 PM by T. Baker »
old English proverb