Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 6920 times)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #150 on: February 06, 2013, 09:39:58 AM »
Well, today I'm listening to a podcast found elsewhere before delving back into The Horror and some other shows I need to get caught up on.  In this podcast, every other episode is Gunsmoke and every other episode is Tales of the Texas Ranger.  So, I get William Conrad as our hero and then get to hear him play the killer, leader of the gang or some other kind of heavy.  I'm getting whiplash....

I had no idea how many Tales of the Texas Ranger episodes he was in.  And he was never a good guy.  It's really a lot of fun!
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2013, 09:17:20 PM »
I'm going through Red Skelton, Nick Carter Master Detective, and the new Josh Groban album
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #152 on: February 08, 2013, 06:39:08 AM »
Hey everybody...still around-just been really busy with everything.  Still listening to the podcasts of course, but I seem to now have an addiction to CBS Radio Mystery Theater and am working my way through those.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #153 on: February 08, 2013, 11:44:48 AM »
That's not a bad addiction to have, Old Timer.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline David

« Reply #154 on: February 09, 2013, 03:34:16 PM »
Hey everybody...still around-just been really busy with everything.  Still listening to the podcasts of course, but I seem to now have an addiction to CBS Radio Mystery Theater and am working my way through those.

My favorite  ;D just when you think you have heard them all one crawls out of the wood work. I believe there are 1399 episodes  :o <---those are the ones that Himan Brown didn't record over,  I have not heard them all but god knows I have tried.

I have listened to so many of them that I notice the music in shows like the twilight zone and night gallery all from the same era is used..sort of a demonic orchestra setting.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #155 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »
Well I listened to a combo of Flash Pulp, The Horror and Suspense. I had a lot of time with my IPOD today due to shoveling about two feet of snow and the power going out for 12 hours (remarkably only the ice cream went bad in the fridge.) I didn't finish today but my body told me to stop.  There is always tomorrow.

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2013, 01:26:51 AM »
I'm on a two month tour of the US right now and have been trying to suit my listening to our location.  I worked my way through most of Season 2 of Gunsmoke while in the South, with a brief dip into Jim's 'Gangster' collection while I was in Chicago.  Today we stopped in Deadwood en route to Montana so I listened to a lot of 'Wild Bill Hickok'.   :D

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »
I'm on a two month tour of the US right now and have been trying to suit my listening to our location.  I worked my way through most of Season 2 of Gunsmoke while in the South, with a brief dip into Jim's 'Gangster' collection while I was in Chicago.  Today we stopped in Deadwood en route to Montana so I listened to a lot of 'Wild Bill Hickok'.   :D

If you head to the Northeast will you listen to "Boston Blackie?"

Offline Peter

« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2013, 12:20:19 PM »
I wish we were going to Boston!  We will be in San Francisco, so I should be able to go my Detective fix out there (and maybe some 'Have Gun, Will Travel'.   ;)

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2013, 01:28:26 PM »
I wish we were going to Boston!  We will be in San Francisco, so I should be able to go my Detective fix out there (and maybe some 'Have Gun, Will Travel'.   ;)

Peter, you are our very own "Mysterious Traveler."
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Peter

« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2013, 01:56:20 PM »
"That reminds me of a story about a man on a train.  It sounds ordinary enough but this man had a secret... Oh.  But I see you have to get off now..."

;)

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:01 PM »
I love the Mysterious Traveler... It just makes me sad that there aren't more trains to ride as I lose myself in a bygone romantic era. Or my own personal envisioned version thereof. I have not listened to the CBS mystery theatre- I think that's what you guys were talking about? - so I added severely episodes to my IPod this week. I'm excited to listen to it.
I also there on some Box 13, Boston Blackie, and Mystery In The Air because Peter Lorre has the perfect voice for radio. And the Shadow because I like to freak myself out. Damn that music.....

Offline Peter

« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2013, 09:20:44 PM »
And the Shadow because I like to freak myself out. Damn that music.....

I keep the full song on my iPod for the same reason!  http://youtu.be/UIYWtriK6WU   :D

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2013, 09:32:36 PM »
I love the Mysterious Traveler... It just makes me sad that there aren't more trains to ride as I lose myself in a bygone romantic era. Or my own personal envisioned version thereof. I have not listened to the CBS mystery theatre- I think that's what you guys were talking about? - so I added severely episodes to my IPod this week. I'm excited to listen to it.
I also there on some Box 13, Boston Blackie, and Mystery In The Air because Peter Lorre has the perfect voice for radio. And the Shadow because I like to freak myself out. Damn that music.....

A few years back I traveled out to Lancaster Pennsylvania to ride the Strasburg railroad. It was totally cool.

http://www.strasburgrailroad.com/

Does your love of trains extend to model trains? I went to a model train show here in NYC this afternoon. The snow kept most of the vendors away but the few that were there had some very cool, very old trains.

CBSRMT is one of the show that got me into old time radio. As a child of the 70's I grew up with it. I hope you like it.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2013, 09:56:36 PM »
Model trains are kind of cool, but I do not have the space for them. All those little villages that you can buy with the perfectly lit houses and carollers standing in the snow.... My brother has some of those. but he doesn't really have the space either. It's wierd that it doesn't feel right until you get it all set up the same way as they have it on the box to show you how it's "supposed" to look. How many things can you say that about?
I guess instead I just used to watch Mr. Rogers Neighborhood instead. I can barely even remember what that was all about. It feels like a million years ago.