Author Topic: When do you listen most often?  (Read 693 times)

Offline HellHighWater

When do you listen most often?
« on: May 23, 2013, 10:23:52 AM »
So, as I sit here listening to the Haunting Hour (Sinister Estate) while at work, I was wondering: When do you usually get in your OTR listening?

I work in capacity management for a consulting firm and a lot of my day is taken up by Excel engineering and data analysis. I find OTR to be perfect background noise while I work. Other than that, I think I listen most while cooking.

What about y'all?

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
Re: When do you listen most often?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:17 AM »
I'm the same way.  I sit at my desk reconciling customer's accounts in Excel and keep my headphones in just about all day to drown out the collectors who are constantly on their phones.  I listen to OTR all day (and sometimes music), but it's a relaxing way for the day to go by and for me to concentrate on my work.

If I'm driving my husband's car, then I can also listen on the way to and from work because we have a line-in jack to listen to our phones through the stereo system.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:57:51 PM »
I'm currently in retail, so I don't have the leisure to do what you lucky people do :(

I usually listen in my car to and from work (which comes out to a full show per trip), I used to commute to university, so a 40-minute drive made OTR perfect, and while I'm working out I slip in some OTR between the Led Zepplin and Eminem... :)
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
I find OTR to be perfect background noise while I work.
You will find that to a lot of people here work is just negligible background noise while they listen to OTR  ;-P

I generally listen to my dose of shows while cooking, eating and sometimes after dinner/lunch over my coffee.  Occasionally I allow myself to enjoy an show or two in front of my stove, on the deck chair in front of it, under a blanket. That is pure bliss, fire and OTR work like a charm, I forget about reality entirely.   Now and then I also listen while in bed, but only shows I already know because... I fall asleep in a few minutes!
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2013, 03:33:45 PM »
I am in retail as well....

I usually listen during my walk to work (40 min) and back (40 min) and during my morning routine. I sometimes catch a listen at night as well before bed. I usually try for two or three hours a day.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 12:33:47 PM »
I find OTR to be perfect background noise while I work.
You will find that to a lot of people here work is just negligible background noise while they listen to OTR  ;-P

I'd have to agree with that.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Jude3435

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 07:35:36 PM »
Well, I'm odd man out because I basically listen only at night just before bed and as I drift off to sleep especially when I listen to 'The Horror' probably not the best idea when I dream!

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2013, 07:52:02 PM »
Well, I'm odd man out because I basically listen only at night just before bed and as I drift off to sleep especially when I listen to 'The Horror' probably not the best idea when I dream!
Not to mention the fact that you'll never know the ending of the stories  ;-P
----------

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:32 PM »
Me?

I'm a bit of a gamer.

I'll play a game (on my laptop) and while I'm playing, I'll turn on the MP3 player (with an external speaker system) and listen to OTR programs that way.

I play a lot of casual games (especially hidden object games) so it's not as immersive as other games, that way I'm free to enjoy both.

There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline erikdwallace

• Preserving radio and television history
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 08:14:30 PM »
Cooking and cleaning in the kitchen I tune in. I also have the blessing and curse of having a desk job at a computer. Some weeks I can listen to about 20 hours of OTR podcasts and shows while I design and code. If I have something really difficult I'm working on I switch to instrumental or classical music.

Offline allyn211

• "It . . . is . . . later . . . than . . . you . . . think."
  • Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 03:25:55 PM »
In my car.  I do my share of driving and it helps to pass the time.  Also, if I'm doing housework or net surfing.
Tina

"Pleasant . . . dreams?" -- From Inner Sanctum and CBSRMT.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 06:15:54 AM »
hey everybody!  I'm still around....been covered up with real life lately!  that has a tendency to happen.

I mainly listen in the car during the 1 hour long commute every day.  I try to listen at work but there are just too many people that want to come into my office....thereby interrupting my OTR time!

Offline OTR KID

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 03:15:57 PM »
Most of the time I listen to them when I get done with my 2nd job.  It's a great way to relax.  I been listerning to the shows broadcasted in 1943  right now.  I also try to listen to them on the day they were broadcasted. 

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 04:05:22 PM »
hey everybody!  I'm still around....been covered up with real life lately!  that has a tendency to happen.
Hey Old Timer  :)  Very cool to see you around here again  :)   Hope real life showered you with good things...
----------

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 04:10:04 PM »
I also try to listen to them on the day they were broadcasted.
That's a nice idea  :)     One of my dreams (not as in "projects,"  but as in "wild dreams that'll never come true")  is a room in 40's style where to listen to old time radio in period clothes and all... wouldn't that be great?
----------