I mean in books, films, comics, music, OTR, whatever, not activities such as sleeping, singing etc.
What I'm talking about is those tings that no matter how down, worried, happy, sad, etc you may be, they take your soul and brain and pull you away from reality, you start watching/listening/reading/etc and you're entirely inside them, and whatever you were feeling or going through disappear. I don't mean "something you have fun with every time," but something that totally captivates your whole being and drags you away from whatever you are or feel, saturating your brain and soul. Hopefully you understood this confused explanation.
Anyway, there are several things that have that effect on me, for example:
- The adventures of Superman (50's TV series), episode 2 (The haunted lighthouse). I watch it and I'm 9 again, totally there with every bit of my imagination.
- The Mist by Stephen King
- Sanshiro Kurenai (Japanese animated series from the 70's) episode 2 (The city of skyscrapers or whatever the original title was)
- Space Patrol (OTR), non sure what episode that is, the title is "A hole in empty space"
- The golden bracelet of Amoniris (OTR, I think it's The hall of fantasy)
- Ricochet by Tangerine Dream (Berlin School style album from the 70's, the most beautiful thing ever created by man)
- and a lot more, fortunately.