Author Topic: What OTR show would you like to see adapted into a movie or TV series?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
Re: What OTR show would you like to see adapted into a movie or TV series?
« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2013, 12:06:13 PM »
I think Ghost Hunt (Suspense) would have made a great Tales From The Crypt episode.

A Hall of Fantasy TV series would have been pretty good I think.

I agree.  That does sound good.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline T. Baker

Just a thought...

Wouldn't "Bold Venture" make a good adventure TV series?

I can almost see the Cuban settings and then add the chemistry between Bogey and Bacall (it is better seen than heard). King Moses's  music could be done as an overdub to set the scene from the break and opening the story.

Too bad Humphrey Bogart isn't around to make this a reality. I don't know if any one else but this group could make it work, but it could be interesting.
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
I didn't know this OTR show, hunted it down immediately, thank you!  :)    While hunting for it, I stumbled into the wikipedia page for it and it says :

Ziv brought Bold Venture to television in 1959 with 39 episodes directed by William Conrad. The series starred Dane Clark as Slate Shannon, Joan Marshall as Sailor Duval and Bernie Gozier as King Moses. However, because of unstable conditions in Cuba, the setting was changed to Trinidad. Locations included the Iverson Ranch in Chatsworth, California.

No Bogart, alas...
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline T. Baker

I didn't know this OTR show, hunted it down immediately, thank you!  :)    While hunting for it, I stumbled into the wikipedia page for it and it says :

Ziv brought Bold Venture to television in 1959 with 39 episodes directed by William Conrad. The series starred Dane Clark as Slate Shannon, Joan Marshall as Sailor Duval and Bernie Gozier as King Moses. However, because of unstable conditions in Cuba, the setting was changed to Trinidad. Locations included the Iverson Ranch in Chatsworth, California.

No Bogart, alas...

I did not know that! :o

I'm not familiar with the names you mention (Dane Clark, Joan Marshall, and Bernie Gozier), however William Conrad I recognize through the TV shows "Cannon" and "Jake and the Fatman".

I wonder if any of the episodes still exist...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:02:09 AM by T. Baker »
old English proverb

Offline allyn211

• "It . . . is . . . later . . . than . . . you . . . think."
  • Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
I'm surprised TV hasn't gone back to OTR to get some ideas for TV shows.  The current crop of television leaves very much to be desired. 
Tina

"Pleasant . . . dreams?" -- From Inner Sanctum and CBSRMT.

Offline T. Baker

On the Bold Venture TV series, I did find one clip of it on YouTube. It's not a complete episode but it is enough to give a good idea of how the series was.

Enjoy!

old English proverb

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
I hope they didn't pay the actors by the size of their noses - if they did,  the studios went bankrupt after the first two episodes  ;-P 
Anyway, I haven't listened to the radio version, yet, so I couldn't say, do you think the TV rendition is good?  (the music is awesome, pure exotica!! Great!)
----------

Offline T. Baker

I hope they didn't pay the actors by the size of their noses - if they did,  the studios went bankrupt after the first two episodes  ;-P 

It could have been worse - it could have been Jimmy Durante!  ;D

PS: Jimmy Durante was a comedian (if you didn't know) and many of his own jokes were about the size of his nose, so this wouldn't be offensive to him. :)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 10:06:24 AM by T. Baker »
old English proverb

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
 ;D  ;D 
----------