Author Topic: Baby Snooks  (Read 262 times)

Offline T. Baker

Baby Snooks
« on: March 26, 2013, 11:25:59 PM »
Has anybody besides me heard any of "The Baby Snooks Show"?

The few I've heard are pretty good and I was wondering if any else has heard any of the show? The show started on radio and continued on through the transition on TV until the death of Fanny Brice (who played Snooks).

The show starred Fanny Brice playing a mischievous little girl, who gets into all kinds of trouble.

There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline Old Timer

Re: Baby Snooks
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 09:11:31 AM »
Has anybody besides me heard any of "The Baby Snooks Show"?

The few I've heard are pretty good and I was wondering if any else has heard any of the show? The show started on radio and continued on through the transition on TV until the death of Fanny Brice (who played Snooks).

The show starred Fanny Brice playing a mischievous little girl, who gets into all kinds of trouble.

Yes, I've heard several of the episodes (have several on my phone now).  It isn't a bad show although I had trouble really getting into it-certainly worth a listen though because of Fanny Brice.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:51:04 AM by Old Timer »

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:44:12 PM »
It was actually better than I thought it had any right to be, based on the premise. Kinda funny.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 05:22:15 PM »
Yeah - I'm not nuts about the show, but certainly appreciate Fanny Brice as a comedienne.  She has great timing and contributed a whole lot to the entertainment of the Vaudeville Era.

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
A Review

Baby Snooks is probably one of the most fondly remembered shows from my grandparents lives. Sadly, I don't have the same esteem for the show, that they have.

Don't get me wrong, there are a few "gems" in the series but for the most part it is merely an "good" or "OK" series.

My favorite episode is the the episode when Baby Snooks has to take her report card (with failing grades) home and get it signed by her father. However Daddy is busy planning a dinner for an upcoming visit from his boss. In his haste, he tells her to take care of it herself - so she signs it. Lancelot (or "Daddy") has forgotten that he told her to "take care of it herself", and decides to teach here a lesson about telling the truth, but things get out of hand when Snooks decides to use the truth to get back at him, during the dinner he was planning the night before. Needless to say chaos ensues when she put her plan into effect.

The episode is called "Report Card Blues" or simply "Report Card".

Sadly, considering it's  a long-running series, percentage-wise only a small number of episodes of the show exist. Must of what you find in archives are clips of the show instead of full episodes. Of the existing episodes the shows are "hit-or-miss" and are of fair to poor quality.

Perhaps the sound quality put me off a bit, but it's not a bad show, but not the "great" show my grandparents remember.

On a scale from 0 to 5, I give the show a 3.5.

Below: A Picture of Fanny Brice as Baby Snooks from 1940's.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:37:13 AM by T. Baker »
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb