Author Topic: FUN POLL!  (Read 441 times)

Offline jake

• Occasionally
    • JWPhotos
FUN POLL!
« on: March 15, 2013, 11:18:45 PM »
Just a little poll  :)
JWPhoto.net
Have camera, will travel!

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
Re: FUN POLL!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 02:51:30 AM »
The Witch's Tale. I base that solely on the opening and Old Nancy's narration, which really sets a tone for me and "feels" OTR in a way some shows just don't to me. (It is hard to explain better than that.) Based on the content, shows like Witch's Tale, Haunting Hour, Mysterious Traveler, etc, all seem pretty much the same to me. (And as for The Shadow, my favorite OTR, I never pigeon hole it into horror, though you can rightly put it there, along with detective, mystery, crime, suspense, super hero, etc.) And lastly, I am not nearly the Arch Obler fan that so many people here and in general seem to be.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
The Witch's Tale. I base that solely on the opening and Old Nancy's narration, which really sets a tone for me and "feels" OTR in a way some shows just don't to me. (It is hard to explain better than that.) Based on the content, shows like Witch's Tale, Haunting Hour, Mysterious Traveler, etc, all seem pretty much the same to me. (And as for The Shadow, my favorite OTR, I never pigeon hole it into horror, though you can rightly put it there, along with detective, mystery, crime, suspense, super hero, etc.) And lastly, I am not nearly the Arch Obler fan that so many people here and in general seem to be.

I love nancy as well, although I can't determine how old she is....seems to change every episode!

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:11 PM »
Oh man!  Inner Sanctum, Witch's Tale, Haunting Hour, and Lights Out are all favourites of mine.  I ended up clicking Lights Out simply for how very gruesome and horrific some of them are.  I don't know that it's the "best" but I'm happy to say it's my favourite.   ;D
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:11:03 PM by Peter »

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 07:42:38 PM »
I don't that it's the "best" but I'm happy to say it's my favourite.   ;D

It's that subjective element that is the reason I like polls like this.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »
CBSRMT so I chose other. Reason: Very well produced, seasoned actors/writers,  E.G Marshal and the creaking door.

Offline hoppus63

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 08:44:10 PM »

The Witch's Tale drove me slightly mad because her laugh had this grating effect on my nerves. For that reason I prefered the Hermit's Cave. His laugh was less annoying, and honestly those shows were pretty comprible in style and substance. You know, likable. Lights Out was pretty terrifying in idea, but I had to pick the Haunting Hour. That show was just unbelievable for me. I wish they had made more of those shows. They are the ones I go back to over and over again.

Online Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:57:13 AM »
I'm a big Price of Fear fan, even though Lights Out and Quiet Please are close to the top of my list.  Then again, so are Dark Fantasy and CBSRMT.  This is always a tough poll for me because my tastes change based on my mood.  While I love the stories from Hermit's Cave & Witch's Tales, I can't stand the intros to either one & always skip through them to get to the story.  The only story from Price of Fear I don't care for is the Cat's Cradle only because I'm a weird one.  Kill all the humans you like, but don't you dare touch that cat!   :o  Silly, I know....
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 10:45:11 AM »
Honestly, I find very little differences among the various shows  in terms of story content, the biggest difference seems to be the hosts...
If I had to choose based on that, I would say those with Mary and Lipton, while the one intro that entirely spoils the mood for me is that of Quiet, please, which I find utterly irritating, not sure why...
I also have to say I've never listened to any horror series entirely, my experience with horror otr is just Jim's show, so I do tend to think of the episodes as "this was good, this was bad" more than in terms of series...
----------
My music:  www.macvibes.com
Space Adventures website:  www.macvibes.com/spaceadventures/

Offline David

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 07:03:14 PM »
Honestly, I find very little differences among the various shows  in terms of story content, the biggest difference seems to be the hosts...
If I had to choose based on that, I would say those with Mary and Lipton, while the one intro that entirely spoils the mood for me is that of Quiet, please, which I find utterly irritating, not sure why...
I also have to say I've never listened to any horror series entirely, my experience with horror otr is just Jim's show, so I do tend to think of the episodes as "this was good, this was bad" more than in terms of series...

I do random to BUT a good show to me must have good background music, there are a lot that don't but still at the same time hold some sort of nostalgic value. .. Kind of like they don't have that poor of sound quality for example but at the same time it is intriguing to hear something that has survived all these years.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2013, 10:23:46 AM »
Background music is very important to me as well - sometimes I'm listening to a great story sitting on the edge of my seat when some terrible, b-rate organ music starts, spoiling the whole experience and making me laugh, which can't be good...  :-/
----------

Offline David

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2013, 12:14:46 PM »
Quote from: Me
Kind of like they don't have that poor of sound quality for example but at the same time it is intriguing to hear something that has survived all these years.

I just re-read that and even I don't know what I was talking about. Lol.

*Mental note: Limit myself to one bottle of whiskey while posting*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 12:17:33 PM by David »

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 01:10:04 PM »
Don't worry, I know people who talk throughout their lives and have no idea what they're talking about  ;-P
----------

Online Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 12:20:33 PM »
Don't worry, I know people who talk throughout their lives and have no idea what they're talking about  ;-P

We call them "politicians" over here, Mac.   8)
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Mac of BIOnighT

• Macvibes
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 02:03:18 PM »

We call them "politicians" over here, Mac.   8)
That's because you're there.   Over here I call them  "Italians".

:-/
----------