Author Topic: William & Mary  (Read 205 times)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
William & Mary
« on: March 14, 2013, 08:21:51 AM »
Just got around to listening to "William and Mary" by the Price of Fear.  What a good show!!  Weird, of course, because well it's Vincent Price, but the pay off at the end was wonderful!  Great pick, Jim!
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline T. Baker

Re: William & Mary
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:37:55 PM »
I heard that a couple of weeks ago, as well. I had remembered thinking it was a kind of "a reverse" on the story "Donovan's Brain". Instead of the brain of William having the control, Mary (the wife) had all the control after the work was done.

When I listed the shows in my greeting on the forum, I forgot to include this with the shows I had listened to - I've heard all episodes of the show.
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
Re: William & Mary
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
It does have a ring of that story in it.  It also reminds me of Bring Me Back Her Bones (I think - could be mixing it up with another show), where a couple are in Haiti, and the man tries to "send" his wife's body or spirit to some unknown time so that she'd no longer exist now.  He just had to keep her bones.  Of course, it's all a sham set up by his wife because she knew he was trying to kill her.  Something happens to him where he's basically catatonic but aware, and she says that she'll stay with him.....forever, just to make sure he's taken care of.....YIKES!

Of course, I may be mixing 2 plot lines here, I can't remember.  But a good revenge story nonetheless.
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.