Author Topic: Thoughts on RRT255: The Too Perfect Alibi by Suspense  (Read 283 times)

Offline David J.

Thoughts on RRT255: The Too Perfect Alibi by Suspense
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:29:17 PM »
During my walk home yesterday, I listened to "The Too Perfect Alibi" by Suspense. A very good, if not brilliant, episode, I thought.

I'm assuming it was an episode made during the later years of Suspense since Roma Wines wasn't the sponsor.

A few things happened in the episode that I did not see coming. Catherine being accused of Jack's murder was one of them. And then when that happened, I figured that Sam would wind up admitting his guilt in the courtroom to save Catherine. But that didn't happen.

When Catherine was found guilty, I figured the truth would come out in the end and she would be exonerated. But instead, she wound up being  executed because no one would believe Sam because his alibi was too perfect.

Now that's brilliant writing.

I also thought that Aunt Susie Spark Plug ad was simply wonderful. Especially that little rhyme they did at the end.

"So Friends, when it comes to spark plugs,
Be Smart, Be Choosie.
Take your cue from Susie
And mosey on down to your nearest auto light dealer tomorrow and get your car a brand new set of those wide-gap auto light resister spark plugs.
Remember, you're always right with Auto Light." 

If I had a car, I'd get some.

Offline David

Re: Thoughts on RRT255: The Too Perfect Alibi by Suspense
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 07:49:37 PM »
During my walk home yesterday, I listened to "The Too Perfect Alibi" by Suspense. A very good, if not brilliant, episode, I thought.

I'm assuming it was an episode made during the later years of Suspense since Roma Wines wasn't the sponsor.

A few things happened in the episode that I did not see coming. Catherine being accused of Jack's murder was one of them. And then when that happened, I figured that Sam would wind up admitting his guilt in the courtroom to save Catherine. But that didn't happen.

When Catherine was found guilty, I figured the truth would come out in the end and she would be exonerated. But instead, she wound up being  executed because no one would believe Sam because his alibi was too perfect.

Now that's brilliant writing.

I also thought that Aunt Susie Spark Plug ad was simply wonderful. Especially that little rhyme they did at the end.

"So Friends, when it comes to spark plugs,
Be Smart, Be Choosie.
Take your cue from Susie
And mosey on down to your nearest auto light dealer tomorrow and get your car a brand new set of those wide-gap auto light resister spark plugs.
Remember, you're always right with Auto Light." 

If I had a car, I'd get some.

I cant remember what show I was listening to but they had waaaaaaay to many auto light commercials, I mean like every five minutes.

Offline dreibel

Re: Thoughts on RRT255: The Too Perfect Alibi by Suspense
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 09:26:55 AM »
this is one of my all-time favorite episodes of Suspense - and yes, you do get sucker-punched by that ending. And Danny Kaye's acting in this is so good - he completely sells the character's motivation.