Author Topic: This Month in OTR History: March  (Read 553 times)

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
Re: This Month in OTR History: March
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2013, 12:29:53 PM »
"That Hammer Guy" is correct!

And The comic book is World's Finest, which ran from 1941 to 1986 for 323 issues. Every issue was a Superman/Batman team-up.  Issue 271 even adapted OTR Superman stories to bring them into the comic book canon.

The answer to the last Lucille Fletcher story played by Jim? It was The Diary of Sophronia Winters (Suspense 8/17/44)

Very cool!  I ought to check out that comic, especially with Olivia developing an ever-growing love of all things super-hero.  She loves the Amazing Spiderman cartoons from 1967-70 that I watched when I was a kid, as well any movie or animated series that has anything to do with The Avengers or Iron Man.  Yesterday morning I walked into the living room to find her in her pajamas that have "How to Train Your Dragon" dragons all over them, clutching a Snow White doll while watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  Yep, that's my girl!   ;)
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »

And The comic book is World's Finest, which ran from 1941 to 1986 for 323 issues. Every issue was a Superman/Batman team-up.  Issue 271 even adapted OTR Superman stories to bring them into the comic book canon.

The answer to the last Lucille Fletcher story played by Jim? It was The Diary of Sophronia Winters (Suspense 8/17/44)

Very cool!  I ought to check out that comic, especially with Olivia developing an ever-growing love of all things super-hero.  She loves the Amazing Spiderman cartoons from 1967-70 that I watched when I was a kid, as well any movie or animated series that has anything to do with The Avengers or Iron Man.  Yesterday morning I walked into the living room to find her in her pajamas that have "How to Train Your Dragon" dragons all over them, clutching a Snow White doll while watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.  Yep, that's my girl!   ;)

The only thing missing is a mask. Does she have a favorite Avenger?

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2013, 11:51:20 AM »

The only thing missing is a mask. Does she have a favorite Avenger?

I think her favorite is Iron Man because she always asks why he's NOT on the screen, and she asks for him by name when she wants to watch the show.  But she likes all the Avengers a lot, and I would guess that #2 is Captain America, and #3 is The Hulk.  I just love that girl!!

Of course, I would LOVE it if her fave was Black Widow.   ;D
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 08:23:55 AM »
Forgot to post this yesterday, but on March 30, 1985, we lost Harold Peary. 

Thanks for everything, Gildy!

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2013, 12:00:16 PM »

Peary died on your birthday? That's a shame.
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2013, 02:34:59 PM »

I know...birthday #17 and I had no idea who he was.

Offline David

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2013, 05:41:30 PM »

I know...birthday #17 and I had no idea who he was.

I find that ironic that he died on your birthday. When i think of gildy I think of Old Timer.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2013, 06:54:03 PM »
I find that ironic that he died on your birthday. When i think of gildy I think of Old Timer.

;D

Offline bmj2k (Barry)

• I came free with five boxtops, plus postage and handling.
  • This space for rent
    • Mr. Blog's Tepid Ride
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2013, 07:48:48 PM »

;D

Very true.
And I find it a little unsettling that he calls himself Old Timer when he is apparently only 2 years older than I am.   :o
My blog: bmj2k.com where I engage in all manner of frivolity and silliness.

Offline Old Timer

« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2013, 07:53:28 PM »

;D

Very true.
And I find it a little unsettling that he calls himself Old Timer when he is apparently only 2 years older than I am.   :o

Just a very old soul.... :D

Those two years make all the difference!