Author Topic: Favorite Suspense Episode  (Read 815 times)

Offline Meow?

• is neither here nor there.
Re: Favorite Suspense Episode
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 08:47:41 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I like Sorry Wrong Number and The Hitchhiker, but I'm going to say something different. I just don't want you to think I don't like those episodes. I'd say they are classics, but aren't these all really classics? So that would be stupid.

Anyway, I like the ones that really did keep me in Suspense. The edge of the seat episodes that made me say to myself, "where is this going to go?" The ones that I clearly recall of the hundreds I've listened to (Damn the MP3. You get 100 in a row).
Like Will You Make A Bet With Death. Wow.
Five Canaries In A Room. I couldn't help but wonder how they did it.
The Most Dangerous Game. I've been meaning to see the movie ever since.
You Take Ballistics. It was worth it to see how Jack Webb was going to get him in the end because you knew he would.
Dead Ernest. Just a crazy scenario.
I think that's it.

If I remember right there are a couple of versions of The Most Dangerous Game. I would recommend the one with Fay Wray. They basically re-used the sets from King Kong.

That's a good version, Meow. Joel McRae is in it too, right?

Yes, Joel McCrea was in that. I think it was the first movie I saw him in where he wasn't a cowboy.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2013, 12:20:57 PM »
Yea, the only thing I know him from is "Tales of the Texas Rangers." 
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2013, 10:36:16 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I like Sorry Wrong Number and The Hitchhiker, but I'm going to say something different. I just don't want you to think I don't like those episodes. I'd say they are classics, but aren't these all really classics? So that would be stupid.

Anyway, I like the ones that really did keep me in Suspense. The edge of the seat episodes that made me say to myself, "where is this going to go?" The ones that I clearly recall of the hundreds I've listened to (Damn the MP3. You get 100 in a row).
Like Will You Make A Bet With Death. Wow.
Five Canaries In A Room. I couldn't help but wonder how they did it.
The Most Dangerous Game. I've been meaning to see the movie ever since.
You Take Ballistics. It was worth it to see how Jack Webb was going to get him in the end because you knew he would.
Dead Ernest. Just a crazy scenario.
I think that's it.

If I remember right there are a couple of versions of The Most Dangerous Game. I would recommend the one with Fay Wray. They basically re-used the sets from King Kong.

That's a good version, Meow. Joel McRae is in it too, right?

Yes, Joel McCrea was in that. I think it was the first movie I saw him in where he wasn't a cowboy.

That one you can find for free at the internet archive here:
http://archive.org/details/TheMostDangerousGame
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline T. Baker

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2013, 11:06:38 PM »
One episode that hasn't been mentioned that I like is "Dime a Dance". It starred Lucille Ball as a dance hall dancer, but is her dance partner a killer?
http://relicradio.com/otr/2012/12/rrt245-dime-a-dance-by-suspense/

Another one I like is "On a Country Road". A couple is stranded in their car during a rainstorm while they are worried about an escaped lunatic from a nearby asylum. Is it her that wants to get into their car?
http://relicradio.com/otr/2012/02/h395-on-a-country-road-by-suspense/

EDIT: links added
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 11:21:15 PM by T. Baker »
There's many a slip 'twixt the cup and the lip.
old English proverb

Offline Peter

• Please check out my radio play podcast at...
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 02:37:08 AM »
One episode that hasn't been mentioned that I like is "Dime a Dance". It starred Lucille Ball as a dance hall dancer, but is her dance partner a killer?
http://relicradio.com/otr/2012/12/rrt245-dime-a-dance-by-suspense/

Another one I like is "On a Country Road". A couple is stranded in their car during a rainstorm while they are worried about an escaped lunatic from a nearby asylum. Is it her that wants to get into their car?
http://relicradio.com/otr/2012/02/h395-on-a-country-road-by-suspense/

Ooo!  Yes, those are both really good ones... Dime a Dance is quite creepy!  It reminds me of a few other Suspense stories like, 'To Find Help', 'Goodnight, Mrs Russell', and 'Smiley'.

Offline Janece

• I type Southern
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 12:16:42 PM »
I'm not familiar with "Dime a Dance" but now that you mention "On a Country Road" I remember it.  That was a really good one that lived up to the habit of keeping you in ....... Suspense!
Political junkie, history nerd, OTR fan and my personal fave....Olivia's Mom!

Learn from history; don't repeat it. Love one another & listen with your heart.